Tech Talk: November 24
Debugging and dynamically analyzing HPC applications using MPI and OpenMP technologies can be a challenge. Dealing with issues of scale, understanding the flow of execution across processes and threads, debugging application data, and having to debug on a remote cluster creates many challenges for developers.
This interactive session highlights different dynamic analysis and debugging technologies for complex hybrid applications, including how to efficiently debug your applications remotely. You will learn:
- The latest OpenMP debugging advancements including support for OpenMP 5.
- How to efficiently debug parallel hybrid applications built with MPI and OpenMP technologies.
- Easily establishing secure remote debugging sessions to your cluster and the cloud.
- How to debug hybrid applications using CUDA and running on NVIDIA GPUs.
- Leveraging reverse debugging, memory debugging, and batch debugging to quickly find problems in your code.
Learning how TotalView HPC debugger helps in each of these areas will enable you to understand your code faster, find bugs in your code quicker, and improve the quality of your code.
Sr. Director of Product Development & Product Manager
Helping developers quickly find and fix tough issues in their code so that they can create great applications is what the TotalView group at Perforce is dedicated in doing. I’m passionate about listening to the customers' needs and working with my team of talented engineers to find great solutions for helping fellow developers accelerate their development of great code.